Procurement and Contract Management
Brandy King, Fiscal Operations Director
(850) 926-0919 Ext. 711
Procurement Activities (i.e., ITBs, RFP, RFQ, and other procurement exceeding $25,000) as well as the resulting contracts are managed and coordinated through this office.
- Active Vendor List: Wakulla County has an active vendors list for the purpose of Competitive Procurements. Vendors interested in receiving an e-mail notification of advertised procurement opportunities must register there company on the Active Vendor List and identify the particular category of commodities, equipment or services in which they provide.
- Ethics in Procurement: The County and its employees strive to maintain integrity and ethics in purchasing by adhering to its Procurement Ordinance #2015-2 as well as applicable federal, state and local laws. County employees are required to maintain complete independence and impartiality in dealing with vendors, both in face and appearance, and to ensure there is public confidence that all procurements are managed and awarded equitably, economically and in accordance its Procurement Ordinance #2015-2. County employees engaged in procurement activities subscribe to the Code of Ethics of the National Institute of Governmental Purchasing and the Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees contained in Chapter 112, Part III, Florida Statutes. Vendors are respectfully requested to refrain from offering anything of value to staff engaged in procurement activities.
- Open and closed procurement documents
- Minority and Women Owned Business Enterprise (MBE/W) Program: The County honors and accepts certification status from the City of Tallahassee, Leon County and the State of Florida, Office of Supplier and diversity as well the Florida Department of Transportation, DBE program ion lieu of creating its own Certification Program. The County may also consider and accept certifications from other State of Florida, County or City programs on a case by case basis.
- Procurement Policy: The County conducts all procurement in accordance with it Procurement Ordinance #2015-2.